Thursday, May 5, 2011

A night at Colmar Tropicale Bukit Tinggi Pahang

 

I went for 1 day vacation to Bukit Tinggi Pahang last weekend and stay at Colmar Tropicale a European base design resort by Berjaya hotels.

Colmar Tropicale a relish in century old Alsace charm at this French-themed resort, settled at 2,700 feet above sea-level amidst 80 acres of rainforests.

It is a beautiful place, does make me feel that I’m in Europe for a little while. It took about 1 hour driving from KL to Bukit Tinggi. The drive path is not so steep and zigzag. It was way better than road to Cameron Highland. Colmar Tropicale entrance

Entrance of Colmar Tropicale. This place reminds me of Princess Fiona castle from Shrek movies Smile with tongue out

Colmar Tropicale 3    Colmar tropicale pond

Below the bridge has a small pond with couple of white and black swan entertaining all guests.

DSCN1733

Colmar Tropicale view Colmar tropicale

There are several attractions near Colmar Tropicale they are Japanese Village, Botanical Garden, Rabbit park and Horse trail. You have to go to Japanese village & Botanical garden since they charge daily visitors RM12 per entry to both of this park. For me, it’s not really worth to see as it is so small, they have a replica of Japanese house which u can’t enter unless you want to try out kimono dress for RM20. After that you can walk to the guest house replica and take pictures there. I spend less than 20 minutes here just to take pictures of this place.

DSCN1613  DSCN1618

Next to this village is the botanical garden. I don’t go around it, just take few pictures at the entrance. look at this purple seed or flower or fruit.. I don’t know. it’s pretty.

DSCN1662  DSCN1666

DSCN1671

Once I’m done with Japanese village and  Botanical garden, there’s nothing much I can do here. So we just walk around the resorts and try our luck playing expensive game. Approximately 3 token per game, 1 token = RM2. I didn’t win anything as usual. I spend my night playing billiard with my siblings Smile with tongue out. Rm3 per game.

DSCN1740- Colmar Tropiacle inside  DSCN1787 Colmar tropicale swimming pool

They do have nice swimming pool. Too bad I forgot to bring my swimming suit.

I stay at 2 Bedroom suite for RM398 inclusive of breakfast buffet for 4 person. It’s cheap cause I bought the voucher at Matta Fair. It was the biggest room I ever stay for a vacation. I love it so much.

DSCN1749  DSCN1748

Picture from second floor room. Yes the room was on top and another 1 is outside balcony. Look how spacious it was.

DSCN1752DSCN1753

DSCN1876

DSCN1744 - Colmar view from 2 bedroom suite

 

 

 

 

 

View of my living room, pantry and dining table. On the right view from balcony.

DSCN1818 Colmar Night view

DSCN1829   DSCN1834

Food here is so expensive. There are few cafes and restaurant here. Medium pizza starting from Rm37, 1/4 chicken set with 2 dishes is Rm25++. If you willing to spend, it’s wise to take their dinner BBQ buffet for Rm55++ per person. 

DSCN1838 Colmar view 3   DSCN1864 Colmar Cafe 2DSCN1856 Colmar  cafe        DSCN1874

That’s my mid year vacation…next hopefully to Thailand!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful place! Looking forward to my trip there! :)

    www.ColorfulExistence.com

    ReplyDelete